View Single Post
Old May 6, 2019, 02:13 AM   #14
bamaranger

"lock the weapon down"

I am left with the impression that the OP wants to firmly secure the rifle in a vise set up of some type, THEN zero and shoot groups.......NOT just boresight.

I have a pal that zeros using the Caldwell Lead Sled. When his rifle is strapped down at the forend in the vise, it shoots to different point of impact than when it is fired in the shooting vise and not strapped in. And when shot off bags, the rifle displays an even different POI. None of these POI's are radically different, but it is apparent that his rifle behaves differently in and out of the vise.

I'm thinking that if the OP is detecting movement in his sight picture while firing , it is not because of his age or a change in his "heartbeat" as he has suggested, one's heart beats as a younger fella too, right? I'm going to suggest that there is an unstable bag and bench arrangement from which he is shooting. Without intending to be overly critical, there may be some issues with his bench "technique" as well. A good solid bench and bag arrangement, and understanding and correct execution of it's use, should eliminate most if not all, excessive movement.

Page generated in 0.02139 seconds with 8 queries