View Single Post
Old November 20, 2018, 08:49 AM   #12
Tallest

Quote:
Get rid of the brake. It's a crutch for lazy shooters who only 'hunt' paper off the benches.
Not that I don't take issue with the rest of your the post, but I especially wanted to point out that brakes can serve some really useful purposes for dedicated hunters who have probably spent more than their due time behind a rifle in the service, hunting, and at the range.

FOR SPECIFIC EXAMPLE - The company where I work has a long-time customer who is a disabled Vietnam Vet. Last year he had to undergo open heart surgery in late July. Dr. said no recoil for 4-6 months. His family had already planned and purchased a New Mexico elk trip for him and his son, and with the Doctor's input, they purchased an aggressively recoil dampening (though ugly as homemade sin) break for his, of all things, 7mm-08. He told us later that the hardest thing to get used to was the rifle not really coming back at all.

So... if you would like to meet my friend, hear his story, and call him lazy, I might be willing to even arrange the meeting.

Otherwise... find a cork for that sort of thing.

"All men are ignorant. The topics of our ignorance may vary, but the nature of the world is that no man may know everything." ~ R Jordan

Page generated in 0.03234 seconds with 8 queries