Thread: Crowded areas
View Single Post
Old June 14, 2017, 12:32 PM   #135
Lohman446

Quote:
If the effects of stress and adrenaline was really so pronounce as some make it out to be we would not hear of so many success stores by ordinary people.
If we are remembering the same incident (as reported in the media) the housewife retreated, I believe with a child, into either the attic or closet. Faced with a burglar who continued she fired 5 or 6 shots into the advancing threat who retreated and then attempted to drive himself to the hospital.

Be that as it may we are not discussing the defender who has no reasonable option of retreat left. For me this discussion centers around the premeditated decision to advance against a threat versus a perceived safe retreat. Some CCW holders believe that they should "run in when everyone else is running out" to borrow a phrase from first responders. I am not of that persuasion and would argue in the case being discussed that it is unlikely for a CCW holder to actually make the situation better and there is plenty of opportunity to make it worse and / or present said CCW to further dangers (a police response, a response of another CCW holder, criminal or civil liability).

Personally I believe these decisions are best made in advance. The armed citizen who defends him or herself when given no option is not necessarily relevant to the discussion in regards to that decision and serves only as an aside that not "all hope is lost". Those of us who carry guns, even if we do not advocate aggressive action in the situation being discussed, carry them because "we would rather have them and not need them then not have them and need them." Many if not most of those citizen defending themselves situations come into the no other option category

Page generated in 0.02453 seconds with 8 queries