View Single Post
Old September 23, 2011, 07:53 PM   #3
myshoulderissore

So it arrived today. 3-9x44

The finish is nice, along with a DNZ Reaper mount, I doubt it'll ever move, it's textured, and looks nice. Came with clear front and yellow rear flip up see through covers. Has very good eye relief, and even at high magnification doesn't get "tunnel vision". Optical quality is pretty nice, better than the $100-200 scopes I have played with, barring the Nikon Buckmasters. The only issue I see yet is it has a bit of fish-eye around the edges, the image right around the edge compresses a bit while entering or leaving your view. Really, for $80, I don't give a crap. It is very clear through the entire magnification range, with a nice reticle, really I feel I got a good deal on the scope.

I am mounting it on my Savage 7mmRM, so give me a week or two, and I'll let you know if it can take a few hundred rounds of 3100fps 140gr bullets. I am not going to even attempt a box test, I personally doubt it would do anything respectable, and for the price, I think that's fine. I only expect it to hold a zero, and stand up to the 7mm recoil over time.

Kudos, TruGlo. Thus far impressed with the bargain scope.

Page generated in 0.03583 seconds with 8 queries