View Single Post
Old December 23, 2013, 08:05 AM   #59
Dwight55

Quote:
When I started this thread, I was really hoping to hear from the folks who carry full size pistols and revolvers in belt holsters.... I know there are a lot who claim to do so.
I carry that full size all steel 1911 and from 1 to 3 extra mags (depending on destination, . . . how much extra ammo).

When I decided to carry, . . . I had to alter my wardrobe, . . . alter my style of dress. So does just about everyone else.

I live in central Ohio, . . . similar weather to Mo. . . . which allows me about 10 months out of the year to wear a long tailed shirt, . . . vest, . . . sweatshirt, . . . light jacket, . . . sport coat, . . . or some other "cover garment" and not look out of place. The other two months are polo shirts, . . . alligator shirts, . . . double tee shirts (one tucked in, . . . one hanging out).

I also occasionally wear a shoulder holster, . . . under a short sleeve shirt with snap front.

I also occasionally wear an IWB cross draw, . . . tucked inside my shirt.

Dedicate yourself to doing it, . . . and you will do it. I believe it was old Will Rogers who said something to the effect: If you believe you can or if you believe you can not, . . . you are right.

Go to the Salvation Army or Goodwill store, . . . buy some different clothes so you can practice without breaking the bank, . . . get a good full size mirror, . . . check it out, . . . you CAN do it.

May God bless,
Dwight
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my carry 2.jpg (102.2 KB, 37 views)
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Page generated in 0.02617 seconds with 9 queries