Thread: First handgun
View Single Post
Old June 4, 2013, 02:10 PM   #8
ryanh51

Thanks for all the great advice guys. I have a lot more to research and think about now. Four more questions I've come across from reading your posts and talking to a local guy in town.

It sounds like a 3" or 4" barrel is the best for what I'm looking for. Is it less accurate simply because it's harder to sight or does the bullet actually travel less accurately?

Fixed vs. adjustable sights. So fixed is easier to carry but adjustable is more accurately? Why is this?

Talking to a local gun guy I learned about a brand called EAA(European-American something... I think). Supposedly they're pretty decent guns for a really cheap price. I've read though that they're supposed to be really heavy. Anyone know anything about these guns? Any opinions?

What should I look for/be wary of with a used gun? My general line of thinking is that if it's lasted 3+ decades, it's liable to last me quite a while as well. I also figure that I can get a better gun for cheaper. a $300 used handgun should be a better all-around gun than a $300 new gun. That's my way of thinking at least? Opinions?

On a side-note I took my Mosin Nagant out for the first time today. Absolutely love it! I actually like the feel of it a lot better than most newer/most expensive guns I've shot. Very very satisfied with my purchase!

Page generated in 0.02017 seconds with 8 queries