View Single Post
Old April 8, 2012, 05:59 PM   #12
johnwilliamson062

I think their marketing policy is very shrewd although their promotion policies are lacking. Marketing runs the gambit of understanding the market and I think they do that as well or better than any firearms company out there. How many of their products have flopped? Ruger MIGHT be catching up to them.

All the older models such as the sub2000 are available in my area, but you have to order them and wait a month or two. No big deal for most buyers.

Quote:
Toyota, Honda, Ford or General Motors, Coke, Pepsi, or McDonalds
These companies have tens of thousands of employees and thousands dedicated to marketing only. I would be surprised if Kel-tec has 100 employees and more than one or two dedicated to marketing. I am not sure about ownership, but my bet is it is closely held. The owners probably made more than they ever wanted on the PF9 alone and are now having fun making products they want to see in the market. Maybe not though.

By the time you can find these guns at your LGS they will have all the problems worked out. In the long run they will sell just as many as if they sold them all up front and they will have to fix/recall a whole lot less early models.

Page generated in 0.03014 seconds with 8 queries