View Single Post
Old May 9, 2011, 09:46 PM   #1
"JJ"

Predator control!

This past week I got a call from a landowner whos land I hunt, he said four coyotes had his yellow lab surrounded when he was leaving for work. He managed to scare them off, but he was very concerned & wanted them gone! Well Saturday the wind wasn't ideal, but I wasn't in a position to be picky! Besides, if one came in from the same direction that the four did I called in here in Feburary, I should be able to get them before they get me! Wouldn't it be nice if they would always cooperate? Well this young male came in from the back side & slipped in through the tall grass! I spotted the tips of his hers just before he he my scent cone! At the point I still didn't have a positive ID! That changed as son as he hit my scent! Even though I had sprayed some fox & coon urine cover scent and had used scent eliminater, when that coyote winded me it was like I yelled "HEY COYOTE!"! He lifted his nose above the grass and turned & looked me right in the eyes! The delightful gaze didn't last long as he quickly turned into a fur rocket! I lined up my scope and let out a bark with my TC diaphram. His panic run turned into a fast trot & then almost a bounce! Hes gonna do a look back!! Yep, a few more bounces & he turns broadside at just over 100 yards! Boom! DRT! He weighed 33 lbs & had very little tooth wear. He had lost his winter coat, but the pic of just the coyote was after a 700 yard drag through the morning dew. The owner was pleased, but he did mention that he saw four the other day!![IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Page generated in 0.03802 seconds with 8 queries