View Single Post
Old April 14, 2011, 02:00 PM   #1
Dutra Arms 216

ISSC MK22 Review

Several manufactures are producing tactical style 22 long rifles, handguns, sub-guns and rifles, several of which are styled after their tactical big brothers. These tactical rimfire guns are relatively affordable, cheep to shoot due to the readily available and inexpensive rimfire ammunition and are excellent for varmints, plinking, target and training. Many of them incorporating the same fire controls as there big brothers.
Today I write about the ISSC MK 22, which is an Austrian FN Scar clone. Chambered in 22 long rifle. The MK 22 is a well built rifle which does reflect in its price, between $450.00-$550.00. Featuring a Lothar Walther match grade barrel with flash suppressor, a fully adjustable and folding stock, picatinny style rail mounts and variable and folding open sights. Available in either 10+1 or 22+1 magazine capacity depending on jurisdiction. This rifle is completely ambidextrous and a blast to shoot.
This rifle cost more than most of its tactical rimfire competitors but you know the old saying “You get what you pay for.”
BUILD QUILITY- “You get what you pay for” XLNT build quality.
FIT AND FINISH- Fit is good; the stock takes some getting used to. Finish is great.
ERGONOMICS- XLNT Well balanced about the right overall weight. Controls are in the right place and easy to operate.
RELIABILTY- Probably too soon to judge but maybe I will go out on a limb and say this gun has been so far very reliable for me with 500 rounds fired and no failures.
OVERALL RATEING- This is an excellent tactical rimfire rifle which has a lot to offer thought it may be priced a bit higher than some of its competitors it is now my favorite tactical 22 long rifle.
On a scale of 1-10 I would rate the ISSC MK22 an 8.5.

Page generated in 0.02661 seconds with 8 queries