View Single Post
Old November 25, 2008, 03:04 PM   #7
cdrt

Quote:
What's the current ruling on forward slide serrations? - IIRC these weren't allowed either, but I think that I remember that this rule was being reconsidered.
Forward slide serrations are now legal, but all it's done is cause the confusion that Mooney is having with his Trophy Match. We've had several guys show up at EIC matches with a pistol with front slide serrations (FSS), thinking that their pistol is legal. Unfortunately, most of the pistols with FSSs also have a beavertail grip safey and Commander (skeleton) hammer which still makes them illegal. I've lent my Hardball out a lot lately so guys could still shoot the match.

And looking at those pistols, it's pretty hard to put a regular grip safety on them because of the way the receiver is cut for the beavertail safety. The end profile also has to match a regular 1911 and some have a bobbed receiver (where the grip safety is) and that makes them illegal as well.

The best bet for a legal CMP gun still, is to buy a SA 1911A1 or similar pistol and have it gunsmithed to meet CMP rules.
Navy Vet, SWIFT Boat OIC, Distinguished Pistol Shot #1399
USS JOHN S. MCCAIN (DDG-36)

Page generated in 0.02873 seconds with 9 queries