View Single Post
Old January 12, 2017, 05:37 PM   #13
Driftwood

aarondhgraham: yeah, I've seen the Fiocchi stuff around... usually pretty expensive. I don't plan on shooting the revolver too often, so forming brass is no big deal (assuming I can get dies set up for it).

There are two things that make me want to work with this revolver in its' current form:

1. I find it intriguing that someone did the work to create a new cartridge to use in this gun, as the work was done well and the new cartridge may have some benefits over the original (better ballistics -internal and external, stronger cases, more widely available cases, etc.). I'm a reloader and have made cartridges from 32-20 cases that worked out well in properly chambered (8mm Ordnance) pistols.

2. The revolver is -as an individual- a very nice piece... trigger is excellent, overall fit and alignment is about perfect, operates very smoothly overall... whoever did the work on it gave it a lot of love and I'd have an easy time loving it as well.

Maybe someday I will get a 'standard' example, in fact I would really like to... but, for now, I'd like to solve this mystery. It's in my nature to investigate these sorts of things.

Thanks for your information and input. I appreciate it!

Page generated in 0.02577 seconds with 8 queries