View Single Post
Old July 15, 2014, 07:09 PM   #15
buck460XVR

Quote:
I see two shooting worlds: The yuppies with their hot 9mm or .40 calibers who only practice for expected gunfights, and those who shoot for pleasure of shooting. Most of the folks I know reload, and reloading is as much as part of the pleasure as shooting. I have no idea which is in the majority, but there are many, many folks in the shooting sports who are avid reloaders.

Bob Wright

About the only folks with .40s around here are State Troopers, and yes, the do practice for expected gunfights.

There was a thread going on here about a year or so ago about the percentage of shooters that reload and most folks answered 1-10%. Other forums I'm on are lower @ about 1-5%. That's the answer from serious gun people and a long way from any kind of majority. Most everyone I know owns guns. Very few reload metallic, a few more load shotgun. I would say less than 5%. I know cause I have a never ending supply of once fired brass in more calibers than I reload. You are correct tho, there are many, many folks that reload, but also many, many more that don't.

Stopped today at my LGS lookin for powder and asked if they were lookin to get any of the new single-7s in .327. Shrugged their shoulders and said while they had several folks like me curious, no one has made a commitment or put any money down.

Page generated in 0.04203 seconds with 8 queries