Thread: Pocket holster
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2013, 08:43 PM   #16
chaim

I've never used a Ross pocket holster, but I've tried a few pocket holsters over the years. Because I am only a part-time CCWer (I live in MD where I cannot carry, so I only carry when in other states where I can), I usually have bought cheaper holsters for my pocket holsters (I had a couple good IWB and OWB holsters for my bigger CCW guns though). I have used fairly regularly Uncle Mike's, Desantis Pocket Pal, Desantis Nemesis, and Desantis Superfly pocket holsters.

I now only use the Uncle Mike's holster with my smallest CCW pistol (a Ruger LCP). The nylon lining is slippery and it doesn't always hold the gun in the holster well (I've never had it fall out of a pocket, yet). I love my Nemesis and Superfly holsters. They are what I currently use for my S&W 442 and all I've used for my SIG P290RS and Kel Tec Pf-9. The interior isn't as slippery as the Uncle Mike's though it is still a slippery nylon that doesn't always hold the gun perfectly stationary. The outer material of the Uncle Mike's is quite "grippy" (not a real word, but probably works better than any real words ), the Nemesis is more grippy, and the Superfly even more so. The holster will never shift in the pocket. The leather Pocket Pal holds the gun better, and the rough out leather is pretty good at gripping the pocket and resisting shifting in the pocket, but I don't like that the revolver version doesn't cover the trigger (a worry in a pocket holster for a DA revolver).

If you aren't too active (where there may be a slim chance of the nylon liner causing the gun to fall out of the holster) I would strongly recommend the Nemesis or Superfly. The outer material does a great job of keeping the holster from shifting (the gun may fall out of the holster, but the holster will never fall out of your pocket), they conceal well, and the prices are incredible. If you are more active and want to be sure the gun can't move within the holster, I'd stay with leather. Personally, I am thinking about the Desantis Pocket-Tuk as my next pocket holster, though I'm not 100% sure about how well a holster that can do two jobs will really do either (it is a pocket and tuckable IWB holster).

Page generated in 0.02801 seconds with 8 queries