View Single Post
Old June 6, 2011, 06:22 PM   #7
Loader9

Yeah, they apparently have been reformulating. That and the lawyers have apparently been having to justify their paychecks. I was looking back for a post about a guy that had issues with ammo he loaded using AA#9 in a 10MM. The data I have from the State (which furnishes it to me) says it is not to be used in the 10mm and that was also confirmed in a phone call to them. I don't really have much use for the powder except for 2 trappers. One shoots a 357 SIG and a guy with a 10mm which they said would create issues. Now, after reviewing the specs on the powder, they've increased the nitro in it by 4% and changed the density from .975 to .950. I guess this is yet another powder maker I can add to the short list of dimwits I won't use their products. If yer gonna change the freakin formula and the burning characteristics, change the dam name. Is that so hard? Folks using the old data will be borderline of blowing guns up if they don't know the formula has changed. Almost makes ya wanna call the morons everytime you get a shipment of powder to see what they've screwed up again. For me which I know is an exception, I don't have the trappers rifles or pistols here and some are almost 800 miles away. Not exactly easy for me to just work up new loads. Oh well, there's always ADI and Hodgdon.

Page generated in 0.03106 seconds with 8 queries