View Single Post
Old March 1, 2008, 06:44 PM   #39
David Armstrong

Quote:
Why someone would follow an inane rule that isn't legaly binding is beyond me.
First, in a number of areas, it is legally binding. Second, one would follow it because they have agreed to do so, and their word means something to them.
Quote:
Sometimes we need to get over the little things and just live life the way we want to.
Agreed, but that should not include deceiving others and being dishonest. You can live yourlife any way you want. But if you agree to work for me, you agree to follow my rules. You agree to come in at a certain time, work a certain amount, meet certain standards. If you don't want to do that, fine, but then you shouldn't take the paycheck either.
Quote:
If someone wants to lay down and be told how to live, then less power to them, for those that go about life as they want to, then more power to them.
And thus anarchy rules, and there is no law, no honesty, no honor. Not a way I think most want to live. I've dealt with folks who had no honor and I've dealt with folks whose handshake was as good as a written contract. I know which ones I prefer to be around. Just out of curiosity, what other rules do you think it is OK to cheat on if you want to, and do you think the employer should be able to do the same??

Page generated in 0.03661 seconds with 8 queries