View Single Post
Old March 14, 2005, 10:29 AM   #21
smokinron

Since I started reading this forum a couple of months ago I have done a lot of thinking about the posibility of having to defend ones self in a situation. I have always supported CCW and keep myself armed as far as the law in KS will allow, but last Friday night I got a real good insight to this ...
I got a call @2345 from the local PD that my alarm had gone off at my restaurant. I went out to find that the perps ahd entered my walk in freezer. Nothing was missing thank god, but I ended up having to gaurd the place all night since I couldnt secure the damaged door. I positioned myself in my truck about 50 yards away from the freezer in a dark area, hoping to surprise the perps if they came back.At about 0330 a vehicle entered the parking lot. and guys I'll tell you what, you would have had to use a tractor to get a pin out of my a$$ at that point! It turned out to be the PD, but I had my Kimber 45 in hand and my Winchester 1200 (The terminator )beside me. The thought of actually having to use them was a sobering experience to say the least. Our local cops are pretty supportive of CCW so for that I'm thankful. In fact when the officer told me he wanted to clear the building, I think he was thankful for my backup.
I know this is long, but It made me think....

Page generated in 0.02972 seconds with 8 queries