View Single Post
Old January 31, 2014, 11:45 PM   #63
NavyChief

For Mr. Colt and the gentlemen who responded to my thread

Sorry but I will not address you as a Colonel without any pictures to substantiate such a claim. My information is readily available on the internet as I was the program manager for the prison facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba for my last tour of duty and the leading Chief for Special Programs, Code 4010, at Navy Personnel Command here in Tennessee before that. I did not post any pictures of the stock because I had the stock shipped back shortly after it arrived in the morning at my FFL dealer. I only made the post to see if anyone else had experienced anything like I had seen with my gun. I only came to this board because I had PM'd Mr. Mystro on the Winchester owners site and also saw that his review was posted on here. I normally frequent 24 hour campfire but I read a lot more than I have posted over the last decade or so. I was more than a little disappointed with the rhetoric and childish posts from you and Mystro regarding what I considered to be a serious subject on my part and an attempt to get some information out there and see if anyone else had any experience similar to mine. I do thank the other gentlemen who made relevant posts and provided adult commentary. I had hoped that I had found another forum where there were men of high character with good discipline and order that I could fraternize with concerning all firearms and hunting subjects. I will not let a few childish posts from those who could be anyone or anything, from a 14 year old child simply trolling for an argument to an anti-gun protester trying to be an irritant to gun owners, ever deter me from using this forum and giving it a fair chance. Hopefully these 2 flaws I have found on this forum are as rare as the flaws I found with my JOC stock from Winchester. Just as I will not judge Winchester or their custom shop on the whole for one product that I received that is subpar, neither shall I judge this forum for very much the same reason. Also, I do not remember who asked the question about production runs but it is a very valid one but answered incorrectly by Mystro. The JOC Custom Tribute will have a run of 500 units total and the JOC Tribute will have 420 Units made. MSRP is $2,599.99 and $1,999.99 respectively. Also the JOC was introduced at the same time the Winchester Model 70 75th Anniversary Super Grade was produced, specifically for the occasion, but should not be confused for the JOC . I look forward to reviewing more posts and hopefully some new threads on this forum. I do hope this thread can be laid to rest but still serve as an example of the various classes of individuals that can be encountered on this forum. I make no apologies to anyone for posting this thread and the information I did before having achieved a specific status or paygrade on this forum. Having spent the last 40 years of my life as a gun owner and the last quarter century using them professionally as well as recreational, I feel I can evaluate the quality of a fine gun when I see and inspect one. I also have owned at least 20 Model 70's over the years. In fact I sold 4 or 5 recently through Colonel Craig Boddington's Facebook page and the guns (3 of which are Winchester Model 70 Custom guns) can be seen there. I also own a few Kimber, more Brownings, and a few other custom long guns so I am not new to fine guns by any means. Thanks again for those who provided valuable input and thank you too, to those who showed themselves for who and what they are so I can evaluate your input accurately in the future. I look forward to learning in the future and I'll never know too much to learn something new everyday. Sincerely, James C. Beel Jr. CTTC(SW), USN, Ret.

Last edited by NavyChief; February 1, 2014 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Responsible adults are willing to attach their name to their posts.

Page generated in 0.02530 seconds with 8 queries