Thread: Mosin-Nagant
View Single Post
Old October 17, 2013, 04:38 PM   #1
Opinated

Mosin-Nagant

This subject may have been beat to death, but at least this does not hijack the thread of someone else.
Gun store has a case of the Moisin-Nagant for about $193 with local sales tax included-- out the door. Seems high compared to the prices that others mention for these, but no shipping or FFL fees to be added.
Includes bayonet, cleaning kit and ammo pouch. The accessories were not on display. Heavily coated in preservative, but not as dark and thick as the cosmoline of 50 years ago. Some stocks have small expertly-done patches in the area around the trigger assembly. Not sure what to make of the markings. On the left side just in front of the bolt, small etchings that appear to be done with laser-- appear to be a serial number and the abbreviation of some company apparently in Vermont or Virginia. No doubt these were done recently. With all the grease, handling was problematic with the clothes I was wearing.
I did not buy one.
Would you suggest that I do? Price too high? Do the new markings offer any information about what model this is or the importer?.

Page generated in 0.09875 seconds with 8 queries