View Single Post
Old September 22, 2013, 07:47 AM   #9
bedbugbilly

One has to wonder if in the preparation of a case that the prosecutor wouldn't bring this in to play just to shock a jury that the defendant was a little "crazy" in regards to bringing fantasy in to his desire to self defend. I don't know, I'm not a attorney but you know they are goingto play whatever cards they can to win.

In my CCW class, ammo was discussed. Our instructors advised us to carry factory loaded ammunition - not reloads. Their reasoning was that if reloads were carred and a shooting occurred, whether it was a criminal or civil case, an attorney could argue that the shooter was "some kind of nut" who reloaded his ammo to do the most bodily injury. I view what a person carries - factory or reload - to e a personal decision but I can see how it could tip the balance on a juror's mind as to whether or not a person was guilty - especially if they had no experience in firearms.

Zombie stuff -sorry, I just don't get it. It's all marketing and I know it's selling - but the box shown looks like it would have great visual appeal to a young person - sort of like boxing drain cleaner in a box that looks like it contains candy. Yea, it has a warning on it - so what? So do a lot of products and people don't read 'em. I was brought up to treat firearms with respect - and ammo as well. They can be great fun if used safely and a lot of enjoyment can be had. But - they aren't "toys". Zombie stuff to me goes hand in hand with all of the fantasy game crap and unfortunately, we have too many young people who can't distinguish between "fact and fiction" and what's "real and not fantasy." And let's not even get started on the total lack of
common sense". I'm probably going to get blasted for this - so be it - just chalk it up to my being an "old fart".
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02972 seconds with 8 queries