View Single Post
Old June 25, 2013, 04:20 PM   #69
Dearhunter61

I'm a deer hunter if you haven't guessed by my handle on here. One inch groups at 100 yards has served me well when I deer hunt. Always lived in the city and have never really had a place to go shoot in the wild and choose not to shoot to much on my lease. For those that do I'm envious. So when I go to the range I go for two main reasons, check any new loads I've worked up or check to make sure my rifle is sighted in. I do go a few times when hunting season starts getting close to get any jitters out of the way and work a little on breathing and trigger pull. If my gun shoots 1 MOA it always performs well enough for me. I don't take shots I'm not pretty certain I can make. I do believe a lot of guys go to the range and based on bench shooting over estimate their own ability. I can say I'm always amazed at how guys behave when hunting season is a week or two away and their behavior at the range. I can't tell you how many times I've seen guys that have different kinds of ammo expecting all to perform the same and then when they don't think something is wrong with the rifle...pretty funny...except when you realize they are going out and hunting with it and risk wounding animals...then it's not too funny.

Page generated in 0.03719 seconds with 8 queries