View Single Post
Old July 12, 2011, 09:44 PM   #146
C0untZer0

Tex's double speak

On the one hand I give Tex some credit for owning up to this mistake. On the other hand I take issue with some things in his second video.

First of all he says he "experienced a negligent discharge." Well - it's wasn't like a negligent discharge came out of the sky, descended upon him and he experienced it. He fired a bullet from his pistol into his leg- how about that? Secondly he starts to pontificate on "negligent discharges". The title of his second YouTube video is "NEGLIGENT DISCHARGES HAPPEN!”

His video sends mixed messages. He doesn't pinpoint exactly what he did wrong. On the one hand he says "I blame it purely on me". Then he says "The reason I share this is that negligent discharges happen." Then he says "I consider myself to be a safe and responsible gun owner [sic] things just tend to happen."

Well yes Tex, things tend to happen - specifically - BAD things tend to happen when you don't follow the basic rules of handgun safety, that's why they came up with those rules way back when. But other than that - contrary to what Tex says, things don't just "tend to happen". That's Hoplophobia, from a gun owner no less!

It's like he spends 2 minutes blaming the holster in a specific way and then says "I don't blame the holster; I blame it purely on me." Really?, cuz it sounds like he spends 2 minutes blaming the holster. Why did his finger curl into the trigger? Why did his thumb push down on and disengage the safety? He makes it sound like disengaging the safety was because of his work with the previous holster, and his finger curling into the trigger guard was because he hadn't hit the index mechanism: "then I pulled up, the gun did not release because I had not engaged the mechanism on the index mechanism, and so as I pulled up, I hit that, my finger curled into the trigger guard and I ripped a round into my leg." It sure sounds like he's blaming the holster to me! I didn't hear him say "I wasn't concentrating enough on keeping my finger off of the trigger..."

The truest thing he says: "After the shot went off, my training took over - I called my parents..."

Last edited by C0untZer0; July 12, 2011 at 10:40 PM.

Page generated in 0.02196 seconds with 8 queries