View Single Post
Old November 16, 1998, 11:18 PM   #4
Rob Pincus

Okay, I had to check you profile to see what business you were in. I assume that you are referring to your Armored car driving job. (which is no job I would ever want, BTW)

Given that your most likely to be attacked only by people who really think about how to attack you in your role as an A.C. driver, I think your boss is, technically.... loopy.

In your other job, F.R., I would guess that you can carry whatever you want, but are more restricted by concealment concerns. Hopefully you use you pepper spray to your advantage in that job.

Anyway, your boss maybe concerned about your appearance to the clients, who don't want Rambo showing up walking through their places of business. Well, to them I say: "Fine, handle your own pick ups and wear whatever you want."
I can't believe that he fails to see that you will look more professional the more you look like you know what you are doing. Police Officers are (usually) perceived by the public to have a clue and they wear the full load on their duty belts. If you have a professional looking duty belt and wear your gear properly, I can't figure what his problem is. Now, that said, some states are tricky about being "authorized" to use blunt weapons and spray. Is it possible that your license or his insurance does not cover pepper spray and/or the ASP?

Either way, that has nothing to do with the extra mags, etc.

Do you work in teams or alone?

------------------
-Essayons

[This message has been edited by Rob (edited 11-17-98).]

Page generated in 0.02882 seconds with 8 queries