View Single Post
Old March 19, 2002, 07:17 PM   #6
9mmMike

You're in big trouble mister!
I was in the same boat as you. I am a dedicated pistol shooter with little time for those cannons, or was.......
I got an 870 Express and in no time, I had two.
I have since expanded my very small batch of weapons by a couple rifles but I have yet to find anything as fun as an 870. For the cost conscious, it is very cheap to shoot as well. I am hooked.
Anyway, short barrels are a dime a dozen. I see them on Ebay, gunbroker, autionarms all the time for well under 100 clams. There were none to be found locally for me so that's the way I went.
I use the 20" rifle-sighted barrels on both of my 870's.
I don't know where to get stock safeties except maybe online or at a local smith. Wilsons and Vang Comp sell "big head" safeties but they seem like solution to a problem that does not exist, at least to me.
I used a hammer/dolly and dremel method to remove the dimples on mine and they both turned out great. Search the archives for dimple removal. There are a ton of good threads on that procedure.
Welcome to the madness of SG's!
Mike
PS. I still shoot my Glock every week but nothing is as satisfying as bustin' those clays! Now I need to get out right away. Maybe a sick day.....
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND DID NOT VOTE, YOU DESERVE TO LOSE YOUR GUNS!

Page generated in 0.03656 seconds with 8 queries