View Single Post
Old January 27, 2020, 03:43 PM   #39
precision_shooter

Why does the 20” tube on the Tikka make you shy away? Are you going for extreme long range? That 20” barrel will still get you to at least 1000 yards in a 6.5 Creed.

I had that same Tikka, and it would print consistent .5” 5-shot groups at 100yds with the occasional .4” group. Did I mention I planned to reload for it but those accuracy figures were shooting factory Hornady ammo?
It will have the best bolt of the group, and the trigger is very very good and user adjustable. No take up, clean break, little to no overtravel. I was a savage fan until other mfg caught on and started producing the same style rifles but with better designed components such as the extractors. Savage design is good for the average shooter. Bad for the range warrior who will shoot a couple hundred rounds a week or more.

Tikka gets my vote.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Page generated in 0.03157 seconds with 8 queries