View Single Post
Old December 31, 2019, 02:09 PM   #15
ThomasT

Quote:
I am not sure how to ask this...but here it goes.
I recently read the book GLOCK: The Rise of America's Gun. In the book Gaston Glock was described as a technical genius and a marketing guru. He surrounded himself with people willing to take risks and make big rewards.

The issue I have is that, according to the book, Glock as a human being was very greedy, a horrible person to work for, backstabbing, and plain awful person. Sex, strip clubs, and women were one part of his life, while anther side was reserved and quiet. He made a point of divorcing his wife, cutting the kids out of the company and not speaking to his grandkids out of spite. There are even some tries to the Nazi party.
You forgot to mention that he thinks Americans are stupid. And IIRC his ties were to the Hitler youth. I read the same book. It was an interesting read.

And I have heard Steve Jobs was a terrible person to work for. Gonna sell your Apple device?

If you like of Glocks then keep them and don't worry about old man Glock, He is pretty much out of the picture now and in the end I bet his kids get his money and company.

Henry Ford was supposed to be a total AH to his people and his own son. This sort of person is not unheard of.

Page generated in 0.02200 seconds with 8 queries