View Single Post
Old November 17, 2013, 12:01 PM   #16
jnichols2

Quote:
It seems to me that if you're a responsible, law abiding, non-criminal, you would be in favor of universal background checks. It just seems logical to keep deadly weapons out of the hands of felons, the mentally ill, and, frankly, people who owe taxes or are in default of federal loans.
The problem we have with universal background checks is the politician's tendency to say one thing and mean another.

The Democrats had their chance to implement reasonable universal background checks. When I tried to understand the lengthy bill, I was horrified at what it actually contained. It required us to register on any transfer, a background check was required to hand my guns down to my grandson (since he is under 21, he would automatically fail said background check), if I went on a 8 day business trip my guns would automatically transfer to my wife without a background check (making us both felons).

This bill was actually so bad that many Democrats refused to vote for it.

Now, when my government says reasonable universal background checks, we automatically say NO.

It's not a matter of us being against checks, it's a matter of lost trust.

Quote:
Five children escaped the sandy hook tragedy while the maniac changed magazines, if he had to do that more often, it seems logical that more lives would have been spared. Or at least given a non-insane, responsible gun owner time to react and defend...
Unfortunately, when my home is invaded by 5 bad guys, and I stop to reload my 7 or 10 round magazine, they can rush ME.

How many reports have you read where the police fired 60 to 100 rounds to overcome a few bad guys?

Page generated in 0.02581 seconds with 8 queries