View Single Post
Old December 30, 2012, 09:46 PM   #23
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

The link is very useful.

I modified Sweet Shooter's message and sent this:

Quote:
Greetings,

Due to the recent events at Sandy Hook elementary school we now face renewed threats to our Constitutional rights. While I understand how painful the loss must be for those touched by this tragedy, blaming firearms and/or their owners by punishing them is not the answer to the challenges we face as a nation.

We already have numerous laws that were violated by a man who was likely psychotic. This man was stopped by the mandatory background check from purchasing firearms. He then decided to murder his mother and take her lawfully owned firearms to commit this tragedy.

If your true goal is to protect our children, then enact legislation that will do that. Banning firearms that are rarely used in crime (less than 2.5% of all firearms crime - FBI UCR 2004-2011) is not going to stop such tragedies. This was proven in 1999 when the Columbine shooting took place under the 1994 ban.

Do something that has a real chance of working. Allowing those teachers, administrators and other school personnel that already have concealed weapons permits to carry on the job, if they desire. Allow the NRA Shield program to work. Fix the mental health "loophole." But do not strip us of our rights and property by passing additional anti-gun laws that have historically had no positive effect on crime in our nation.
Spats? As you type (or cut-n-paste) the meter moves to show where on the line you are. My modified message was well below the 1.5K "good" at 1.2K.

Page generated in 0.02965 seconds with 8 queries