View Single Post
Old May 24, 2010, 12:06 PM   #36
pnac

I look at internal checkpoints like this:
Suppose there's a factory dumping pollution in the water. OK, they dump it into a nearby stream, the stream carries it into the river, the river joins another river, together they form a lake, the water from the lake runs thru the dam, down the river, joins another river, etc., etc. and eventually the water and pollution runs into the sea. Whew!

Now, does it make more sense, assuming you really wanted to stop the pollution, to stop it at the source, or, ten miles out in the ocean?

The point I'm trying to make is that internal checkpoints are not for checking or controlling immigration or contraband. They are too far from the border for that.

But, back to the case in question, if everyone just rolled over, excepted the "official explanation" at face value, no matter how ridiculous that explanation was, we would just lose more and more freedom. Washington said "Government is like fire, a faithful servant and a fearful master". I applaud his standing up and exposing the BS for what it really is...BS.
Oh Lord grant me speed - Gram Parsons

Page generated in 0.02881 seconds with 8 queries