View Single Post
Old November 5, 2010, 04:23 PM   #28
IMightBeWrong

The advice of others will rarely be as beneficial as your personal experience. Try walking up to the counter and letting the person helping you know right off the bat that you're new and looking to get an idea of what you like. A good dealer will be more than happy to help you out and have plenty of knowledge to share with you. Try a few revolvers, a few striker fired autos, a few da/sa autos, and some other types as well. Find out what your dealer likes and why and see what is selling well. Determine what fits your hand well in a proper grip. If you haven't learned a proper grip, the dealer should be able to show you. Determine which weapon type suits you best keeping in mind how much you plan on training with it both with ammo and dry fire drills and after narrowing down the type, check out similar pistols and pick your favorite. Most of all, don't be afraid to leave and come back later to do it all over again so that you can be sure you're getting what you want.

Basically, act like you're buying a car.

As for specific weapons I would reccomend looking at, here is a short list:

Glock
M&P
SIG Sauer
HK P30
1911 style autos
CZ75 line pistols
Beretta

Then I would look at similar offerings from other brands to hold up to those and use a process of elimination to decide what I like best.

Page generated in 0.03159 seconds with 8 queries