View Single Post
Old January 23, 2019, 10:24 AM   #14
NoSecondBest

Quote:
You're missing the boat here. Those new cases were perfectly sized and would work perfect for the casual shooter as is. The reason I stated "too much neck tension" is, as a 1,000 yard F Class shooter I wanted .001" of neck tension which I solved by running a mandrel thru the necks. I have never had to resize new rifle brass, they all fit my chambers. If I come across a case with an out-of-round neck, I simply run the expander ball thru the neck and not resizing the case body at all.
I'm not missing a thing here. The OP DID NOT do any sizing on the cases and he expected that they should be fine right out of the bag. READ THE POST AGAIN. He said they worked AFTER he sized them. Nothing complicated in his post and it only shows that brass you buy isn't sized when you get it. I've actually been in plants that manufactur brass cases. They come off a press and are run down a chute into a very large bin. There are random inspection checks made during the run to make sure there are no problems with the dies, lube, brass, etc. They are not dimensionaly correct for loading purposes as they are made. Close, but no cigar. It's simply "luck of the draw".

Page generated in 0.04593 seconds with 8 queries