View Single Post
Old May 15, 2018, 05:59 PM   #22
FireForged

Quote:
Okay...looking at it from the 'citizen filter' once you have shot the perp you have already committed.
Some may argue that good judgment regarding use of force does require the application of force, method of force and [duration] of force to be properly measured. That may require a person to STOP what they are doing. Ask the pharmacist who was recently arrested for the actions he took to stop a robber. He was certainly committed... and it may cost him.

Quote:
It is even more your responsibility to make certain no one else is harmed. She was not acting only in 'self defense'. She was also protecting others.
by what standard is it my responsibility to do anything more than what I desire to do after putting him down and taking his weapon? If someone wanted to suggest that stopping him, putting him down and taking his weapon created MORE of a hazard, I think that would be a very difficult argument to make. Can you reference an example of a citizen having to legal responsibility to capture someone in a similar circumstance?

Quote:
I think she did everything right. But that's only my opinion and I'm enjoying reading the opinions of others such as yourself.
As I said in my very first post, I think she did just fine and she is a hero. That said, there can always be things to learn from critical examination of each moment as is unfolded.

Page generated in 0.02354 seconds with 8 queries