View Single Post
Old October 3, 2000, 05:36 PM   #2
johnwill

For the small additional price, I'd lean to starting with the 550B. For one thing, it's more expensive to buy the AT500 and then upgrade it to the 550B. Also, for pistol rounds, the progressive will quickly convert you from wanting to load single stage.

As far as the calibers you mention, it will load any of them, I don't know why you single out the .44Mag, I don't know of any reason that would be different than any other caliber on that press.

You'll obviously need dies for each caliber you want to load, as well as caliber conversion kits for each caliber. You can mix-n-match shellplates if you want to save a bit of money. You still need a powder funnel for each caliber, but they're cheaper than the whole caliber conversion kit. Of your calibers, I think the .308 and .45ACP may use the same shell plate, but I'd have to look at my manual to be sure.

I'd start this process by buying a couple of reloading manuals, the Lyman is an excellent first choice, since it has quite a large section on the basics of reloading. Do some reading and talking before you start plunking down your money for stuff you may not need.

Page generated in 0.02800 seconds with 8 queries