View Single Post
Old March 12, 2005, 04:20 PM   #1
nitouken

Advice on trigger assembly

Okay, as this post will no doubt show, I am VERY new at doing my own gun work. I have had a shotgun for about three years now, and this is the first thing that has gone wrong with it. I took the trigger assembly apart, thinking "Hey, I've fixed transmissions, this can't be much harder." Yeah, right. After I had the thing in pieces, cleaned and oiled everything, reassembled, and then test fired it a few times outside of the gun. Everything was copacetic. I put it back in the - now clean - shotgun, go out to the field where I shoot clays with some friends, chamber a round, and... nothing. I can't get the trigger to move. I wiggle the safety a little, thinking maybe it was a little out of place, and try again, aiming at a two liter full of water. Nothing. So I give up and go home. The gun is in pieces again, and the only thing that I can figure out, after testing and retesting, and experimenting, is that the rocker arm that holds the slide forward after a round is chambered and disables the trigger if the slide is back, is sticking. Any advice? The gun is a Ted Williams, made (IIRC) for Sears by Winchester in the 50s and 60s.

Page generated in 0.03482 seconds with 8 queries