View Single Post
Old December 18, 2005, 08:44 AM   #16
mec

People have been cussing Colt for at least 40 years now- the reasons varying. Occasionally, they will invite a guild pistolsmith up there to tell them how to improve/save their revolver line. The smith will give good advise, Colt will thank him and then ignore the recommendations. -Who knows what they are thinking?

They do not do a lot of advertising or interaction with the industry periodicals and appear to be relying on name recognition or other factors for their marketing. The magazine writers and established gunsmiths have little good to say about the quality of even the upper end single actions coming out of Hartford and nobody seems to like the "Cowboy" revolver. The Civilian firearms area is a fairly small part of the overall operation and has been for quite a while. I recall that ten or fifteen years ago somebody told me that it was (small)percent of the overall operation but (large) percent of the legal and other problems.

As to personal experience, I've had a couple of Series 80 . 1911s and shot a few other 1991 A1s and had the occasion to apply to Colt for customer service.- the service needs were minor and caused by me loosing the plunger/spring for the internal safety. Colt took care of me just fine. Also, the Colt pistols funcitioned perfectly -much better than the highly praised Kimbers and Springfield Armory pistols that were out at the same time. I still rely on a series 80 Gold Cup Enhanced.

Page generated in 0.03867 seconds with 8 queries