Thread: Ruger 204
View Single Post
Old March 7, 2013, 11:14 PM   #21
ATCDoktor

The 204 is most assuredly a killer.

Mine is a Savage Model 11 with 22 inch barrel, a package rifle that came with a Simmons 3X9X40mm scope and its killed more coyotes than Parvo, Distemper, Rabies and the Mange.

Here's a few I've killed with the Model 11 (all shot with Hornady factory 32 grain ballistic tips ):

This one was a 200 yard shot (running away from me) caught him behind the ribs (flipped him a** over tea kettle) and he was DRT.

This was a whole family that came in to about 95 yards.

At the first shot the dad went down (at 95), second shot took the mom at about 140 and the third took the son at 295 when he stopped to look back, all dead where they fell with nary a twitch.

Here's a small male that I closed out at 275 yards, note the exit wound high on the back (the 204 has plenty of a** in it's britches at distance to seal the deal)

Here's a 35 yard Bobcat I shot with the 204 (figured I'd throw him in just to round out the theme).

If you are varmint hunter, the 204 will fill the bill to distances approaching that of the 22-250 (maybe just as far),

And like most things firearms related, folks that have negative things to say about it or question it's ability/usefulness have never used it.

This rifle/scope set up is the best 300 bucks I've ever spent on a rifle (purchased at Gander Mountain with a 50 dollar off coupon in 2003).

Page generated in 0.03049 seconds with 8 queries