View Single Post
Old July 20, 2017, 11:09 AM   #38
F. Guffey

Quote:
I think you're being terribly presumptive there.

Some of us have been loading for decades and long before the internet Hornady Handbook #4 was recommending the use of vinegar to clean and shine brass cases. So, not only have many people not only seen cases cleaned with a weak acid solution and rinsed multiple times in hot/boiling water, but some of us are still shooting cases processed in that way and loaded in bulk in the late 1970's and early 1980's.
presumptive? Thank you, I do not get many of those, I have been accused of building booby traps, I have never taken the time to deny the practice because, in my opinion, boobys are too easy to catch.

One day someone will find some cases that have not been seen in 60+ years, once found they will jump on the internet reloading forums and declare they have rediscovered something and include the term "what were they thinking of".

Back to the worst of cases, again, I use vinegar for the worst of cases to save time when tumbling. There was that time I came home with a 5 gallon bucket of 30/06 once fired cases. Problem; there was a 30 caliber dirt dobber in each one of them. I waited for them to hatch, when my wife opened the barrage door she claimed it looked like a black sinister cloud leaving through the open door. For me? Not a problem, the black dirt dobber 'almost always' includes black widow spider in the 30 caliber case for its young.

A few days ago I got bit by something three times or I was bitten by three different spiders about the time I decided I needed to see a doctor I got over it.

F. Guffey

And my wife hollered: "There is a spider!!!" And then? I had to ask: "WHERE!" It was crawling down my back and then? I had to ask inside of my shirt or outside of my shirt? I took off my shirt and then ask: "Where is it now?". I stored slabs of pecan in a barn to dry, while carrying them out of the barn my friend on the other end of the blab hollered "SNAKE!!" and I had to ask "What kind?", I knew where it was because it was looking into my left ear hole. I decided it was one of those snakes he needed in his barn.

Rattle snake hunting was different.

Last edited by F. Guffey; July 20, 2017 at 04:17 PM. Reason: change a bunch of 'o's to i's after that there was practice

Page generated in 0.03606 seconds with 8 queries