View Single Post
Old June 27, 2012, 04:33 PM   #2
huntinaz

I used the TTSX for the first time this last elk season. I used a 168gr TTSX in a 30-06. 2 elk were killed with the rifle (1 mine, 1 my buddy). Both elk were shot at 250-300 yards, both mature cows. I hit mine at a slight angle and it deflected a bit on the ribs. I hit her just behind the shoulder but high; 4-5 inches below the spine. The energy was enough however to crack the spine and she went down. The bullet lodged somewhere in the chest cavity or opposide shoulder, don't remember which but I did recover it. Pics attatched, not a full opening but not bad considering the speed of the 30-06 and that distance. Lost a petal but again, I think the deflection was a significant factor and not really the fault of the bullet. Wasn't great shot placement but did the trick.

My buddy shot his cow at ~275 yards as well and he had a perfect broadside shot. The bullet zipped square thru both shoulders with a nickel sized exit, suggesting good expansion and weight retention. Did exactly what it was supposed to do. I'm happy with the load so far, I'll continue to use it. It shoots about MOA for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TTSX1.jpg (6.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg TTSX2.jpg (120.2 KB, 58 views)

Page generated in 0.04112 seconds with 9 queries