View Single Post
Old May 11, 2008, 12:45 AM   #18
jdscholer

Thanks again for more info, guys. Y'all aint helpin my indecision though.
This morning I reloaded one shell with Pyro, and shot it into a stack of magazines. It felt good, and penetrated about 5 deep. Reloaded 15 more and went shootin. They shot pretty well, though don't group as well as my last loads with Unique. Recoil was very comfortable, and if my hand is any kind of judge, I think they are pretty gentle on the pistola.
Came back home and loaded up 100 of em. So now for better or worse I've got that many to shoot and clean up after.
By the by, my powder load was 6 gr. of Pyrodex fff to fill the case up to the bottom of my 125 gr. Laser Cast SWC. CCI 500 primers.
Oh yeah, I cleaned the revolver with some Hoppe's "Elite" gun cleaner that I picked up the other day and really knew nothing about. Gotta say, it did a pretty good job. The barrel was kinda crusty, and there was plenty of carbon where ya would expect, but a bronze brush on the bores and a tooth brush everywhere else pretty much took care of business. Finished by douching her down with WD, and will probably follow up with Rem-Oil. I'm already thinking of other cleaning variations, but you know that no three of us will ever agree on that.
I think I need to come up with a better bullet-.360 dia. with more lube, and would like to try American Pioneer. Have been told that triple 7 is higher pressure. Any truth?
Later, jd

Page generated in 0.02231 seconds with 8 queries