View Single Post
Old June 28, 2005, 09:32 AM   #2
fal308
Staff Alumnus

There were two variations of this shotgun; the 1887 and the 1901. IIRC the 1887 was in 10 gauge and 12 gauge while the 1901 was a product-improved version available in 12 gauge only. This shotgun was indeed used in The Mummy movies and also Terminator 2.
A couple of companies have attempted to bring reproductions to market but so far none have made it, TriStar and Lithgow Arsenal being the two groups I can think of offhand. The TriStars were heavy. I handled several at a couple of SHOT Shows a few years ago. TriStar kept saying they were almost ready to import but they never really did import in any numbers. Can't recall the reasoning but I think it was political in nature (TriStar is Chinese). The Lithgow Arsenal gun was a manufacturing problem and/or a technical/political problem IIRC. They had do do some reverse-engineering then they were having problems getting permits or whatever down in Australia where Lithgow was located. I may be wrong on both counts as I'm going on memory here. If I am wrong, someone hopefully will set the record straight.
There are also several lever-action single shot shotguns from that era also.

Page generated in 0.03453 seconds with 8 queries