View Single Post
Old July 19, 2001, 02:28 PM   #13
PugetSound5

DW mod 15

I just bought one with for $ 375 including shipping, so it was about $350 really. With a case, 3 barrels (2, 4 and 6 inches with tools). but only one wood grip. Gun in very good condition, obviously it has not been fired a lot. The blueing is close to perfect.

I agree with the guys who say that the resale value is mediocre, even though these guns have an excellent and well-deserved rep. The FFL I bought it from had been sitting on it for quite a while and although the piece had advertised on GunsAmerica for weeks, it looks like I was the only taker. But I knew why I wanted it... Consider also that you could get a Taurus 608 for about the same price so I'd say that the resale price is not excessively low, considering... But these guns just don't sell well, even when advertised at a fair price. In your case, the seller obviously takes his wishes for reality...

If you're looking for a shooter, that'd be it. The more I handle it, the more I like it. These are beautifully made and finished pieces, and the trigger is really, really nice. I don't know if a smith worked on mine but I was surprised it's so crisp and the pull is great. A bit muzzle-heavy with the 6" barrel, perfect balance with the 4-incher. The original docs that came with the gun indicates that DW used to sell these as "target pistols" and I can see why.

For a complete pistol pack as you describe it, I think that $450-500 might be a fair price. For $ 900, don't bother: just turn around and buy a new piece from DW Firearms: they are gorgeous guns.

My 2 cents...

PS5

Page generated in 0.05297 seconds with 8 queries