View Single Post
Old June 19, 2013, 05:28 AM   #31
Theohazard

Quote:
Mike19 posted
is there any reason I can't just stick the pistol inside my belt or waistband? I've tried it in the house and it seems reasonably safe/secure. I'm going to transport the pistol in a locked case which I will open inside the range.
OP, you still haven't explained your question. Why do you think you need to stick your gun in your waistband or a holster? Are you planning to practice drawing the gun and then shooting? Or are you under the impression that ranges require holsters for some reason?

Quote:
Mike19 posted
I just watched a video on indoor range safety and they didn't even use a holster. The instructor brought his gun into the range in a carrying bag, put the bag on the table at the firing line, took the gun out and put it on the table, did his firing, put the gun back in the bag and then headed out for lunch.
I'm really confused here. What is the point of this post? Why would someone need to use a holster at a range if they already have a carrying case for their handgun?

I've been to many ranges in my life, and I've never been to (or heard of one) that required a holster; if you bring your handgun to the line in a case you're fine. And many don't allow drawing from a holster at all.

Page generated in 0.03380 seconds with 8 queries