View Single Post
Old April 2, 2013, 06:15 PM   #1
Bob Wright

Fun guns..........

Maybe I'm mellowing in my old age. I've always liked such guns as a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum, or maybe a .45 Colt Super Blackhawk. (Well, my .45 Colt Rugers do look like Supers.) And preferred to set my targets downrange apiece just to keep it interesting. But economics and ammunition supply have put a damper on my shooting program of late. Now my targets range from 10 to 25 yards, and much less thunderous muzzle reports.

I've built up some nice single actions over the years, but now I find myself wanting somebody to introduce a less imposing replica of some of the older cartridge revolvers, such as the old spur trigger S&W revovlers. Or, maybe some tip-up .32s as the old S&W No.2.

And surely a cartridge version of the Remington spur-trigger pocket Model 1849 (?). Ruger came close with the little Bearcat, but not quite what I had in mind. Or maybe one of those lever-action single shots that slid the barrel forward.

Just novelty guns, to be sure. But those things were cute! And felt pleasant to the hand as well as the eye.

How about ya'll?

Bob Wright

Page generated in 0.03442 seconds with 8 queries