View Single Post
Old October 22, 2008, 10:13 AM   #68
buzz_knox

I always find it interesting that people complain about belligerence and intolerance when referring to others derogatively with "wannabe" and "Rambo."

Going back to the OP, my suggestion would be going to a good shotgun class and finding out yourself if you need/want the SG for home defense. Louis Awerbuck teaches an excellent one that (if you head up to West Virginia) will include house clearing drills. Scott Reitz comes through your area as well, and is exceptional by all accounts. Training with a weapon will show you its advantages/disadvantages far better than the net. It's possible to manuever through a house with a shotgun quite easily if you've had training, just as it's easy to screw up royally doing the same job with a handgun without training (you are behind the corner but is your pistol?).

I know a few people who have a need to respond to "night noises" by leaving the bedroom and moving through the house. That is necessitated by 1) kids being in another part of the house or 2) being concerned enough to look but having no justification for having the cops do the search. The shotgun is used by some of those, while the pistol is used by others. I've used both weapons when checking out such noises and both have their advantages.

Page generated in 0.03043 seconds with 8 queries