Thread: Maine Monster?
View Single Post
Old August 22, 2006, 05:14 PM   #10
Trip20

FirstFreedom -- I have watched the television show your friend described. In fact I've seen it more than once as it's repeated a few times. It's been on TLC, Discovery, or one of those type channels. Maybe it was Animal Planet -- I can't remember anymore.

At any rate, your pal either has a bad memory, or decided to take creative license in a few areas.

The investigators or scientists were actually just a television news station; not quite local, but from one of the nearer "big cities". The field reporter and camera man went into the woods at night with 2 or 3 "locals" -- no one in the party was a foreigner; no one was from England.

The premise of this episode was to investigate a supposed bigfoot encounter, at the location of original sighting, at night. One of the locals had not been back since the sighting as he was too afraid. I remember him clinging to the female reporter like it was his mama. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit myself on that one.

When the party makes their way to the scene, they begin to discuss the sightings in more detail. As their discussion ensues, what is later describe as fist sized rocks begin landing near them. The rocks appear to be coming from the surrounding hills (they are standing in a shallow ravine of sorts). The camera picked up the what sounded like rocks hitting the ground around them -- but who knows what it really was. Anyway, this is what begins to freak them out.

So the rocks are landing around them, they're getting freaked out, and begin searching the hillside with their eyes (they were too afraid to physically search) for any signs of movement. They're looking up the hills towards the skyline, and someone notices a large black shape moving between trees; it's silhouette dark against the somewhat lighter skyline.

The person who notices this shape is the guy with the Glock. His Glock has a guide rod laser. He begins to use his Glock as a laser pointer like you would use in conjunction with a PowerPoint presentation at a business meeting. He’s attempting to get the field reporter to look in the same area where he saw the large black shape moving back and forth between trees.

After a minute or so of this laser jazz, and about 45 commercial breaks, Glock-laser-man does eventually fire 3 rounds (I think it’s 2 rounds, but I’m being generous) in the general direction of the black moving object. "Ridiculously unsafe and uncalled for" -- your buddy got that right.

I don't remember Glock-laser-man being an LEO of any type, but rather I'm about 80% sure - going off of memory - it is an average joe who was carrying the Glock.

Page generated in 0.03787 seconds with 8 queries