View Single Post
Old November 18, 2017, 11:38 PM   #136
Ruark

In my view, it comes down to percentages. Watch those ACP videos. In the overwhelming majority of them, the BGs panic and flee after a couple of shots.

Carrying 6 rounds (ASSUMING you can shoot) is sufficient for, let's say, 92% of your possible deadly force self defense situations. Please note, I'm talking about civilians on the street, not jewelry store owners in Detroit, or police officers or SWAT teams.

Carrying 10 rounds kicks it up to, say, 97.8%. 15 rounds, 98.4%. A 2nd 15 round magazine, 99.5%. A full auto, 99.99% A grenade launcher.... I'm just making up those numbers, but, well, you get my drift....

My 9mm Walther P99AS has a capacity of 15+1. However, in my normal everyday concealed carry, I usually just load it with 10 rounds (9+1) of 124 gr. +P Gold Dot, because for me the reduced weight makes a noticeable difference in comfort.

I'm OK with that. I'm good and fast with this gun, and I know that in my normal, everyday life, 10 rounds will be more than enough to get me out of virtually any situation I might find myself in. Yes, there are exceptions, of course, but they are so improbable I don't feel like I need to walk around prepared for them. And certainly, some people live, work or travel in environments where those percentages are different, and they may be justified in carrying more capability. Even I sometimes carry 15+1 in unique situations.

So, as I said, I think it all comes down to percentages and what you're personally comfortable with.

Page generated in 0.03761 seconds with 8 queries