View Single Post
Old August 13, 2012, 08:37 AM   #5
kraigwy

I'm in the same boat, been shooting action type pistols pretty heavy the last three years or so and I suck at it.

Accuracy wise, I do good, but when it comes to loading, I suck. But I've never been one for "spray and pray" And at 65 I'm not a fast mover.

Add to that I shoot revolvers, I can't compete in the loading department using speed loaders against 15 or more rounds in a semi.

Rifle I can hold my own. Although I've been known to screw that up. Last year we had 5 good guy targets and 5 bad guy targets, suppose to be a hostage situation. A got some great groups on each hostage target. Wasn't too bad until they found out I was a sniper when I was in LE.

My favorite is ICORE, we all have to use revolvers. Want to really learn to shot your carry gun, shoot an ICORE match with a 642 loading loose rounds from your pocket. Your scores wont be high, but you'll gain confidence in your CC revolver.

We have some weird stages. One earlier this year we were given a block time of 20 seconds. Every target you hit deducted 5 seconds. If you shot pass the time limit they added 10 seconds per shot. Being old and can't hear, I couldn't hear the shot timer telling me to stop and shot two rounds after the buzzard. They didn't deduct from misses.

I would have had a better score if I set in the truck and didn't fire a shot.

Regardless, we shoot for fun more then any thing else. Great bunch of guys and gals. I'll stick to concentrating on accuracy more then speed, I'll never be at the top of the result bulletin but I feel better about it.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.02545 seconds with 8 queries