View Single Post
Old January 1, 2012, 04:18 PM   #13
tgreening

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But FYI electronic or remote control triggers are also illegal.
Really? I'd be curious to see the exact verbiage on this if you can cite it or link it. I don't doubt what you're saying, I'd just like to see how they have it worded.
http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulin...ng-2004-5.html

I think I missed the part about electronic triggers. All I saw there was the definition of "machine gun". Of course, reading comprehension might be down a bit. It IS the day after New Years Eve after all.

Based ONLY on the info in the link above it would seem an electronic trigger could be made to work. In the above link it says if the trigger WHILE BEING HELD DEPRESSED allows the weapon to continue to fire until empty, it is a machine gun.

I mentioned earlier an E trigger that could be made to fire in a machine gun like fashion, but the shooter had to continuously pull and release the trigger at a certain rate to maintain the rate of fire. That doesn't quite fit the definition.

To me all this is just a mental exercise. While I'm sure shooting an automatic weapon is just as much fun today as it was when I was in the Corp, it would also be considerably more expensive since I'd be footing the bill, and as a civilian shooter I don't see much of a practical use for it.

Last edited by tgreening; January 1, 2012 at 04:34 PM.

Page generated in 0.03053 seconds with 8 queries