View Single Post
Old December 15, 2013, 08:28 PM   #10
BrowningCollector

Ask BrowningCollector.com

I have met the gentleman who has www.BrowingCollector.com an he has probably the most complete set of Safari, Medallion and Olympian Grade collections in the world. You can go to his website and contact him there. In one of his articles, he mentions that there were 6 1959 bolt action Brownings and they are all considered "proto-types" that were sent to Browning by FN. I believe he has the first 3 rifles ever made, L1, L2 and L3.

I like his website and think he offers much more value for Browning collectors. Contact him when it comes to questions about the Belgium Browning Bolt Action Rifles. He has a lot of other Brownings he is writing about also.

On a separate note, there are many, many, many Safari Grades that are/were salty. I've tested many with silver nitrate and unfortunately many were salty. Salt was in nearly everything. A Browning gunsmith at Browning wrote in the forum section of BrowningCollector.com that even some of the pistol grips on the 9 mm were salty. He was there to witness this.

Page generated in 0.04115 seconds with 8 queries