Thread: Brass too short
View Single Post
Old February 24, 2015, 01:54 PM   #39
mikld

Quote:
Quote:
And for those that say .040" is insignificant, please let me know where you shoot so that I won't wind up next to you when you are shooting your .357 Magnum.

That .040 isn't part of the "capacity"

It's the part around the bullet, and capacity is the same UNLESS the COAL (and seating depth) is changed also

It only affects the crimp

Think about it before jumping to incorrect conclusions
OK, my post was not directed at a .040" difference in case length. Nowhere in that post do I mention capacity. My thought was (and others got it) that anyone thinking .040" is insignificant, for any dimension on a ,357 Magnum is one I don't want to be around when he fires that .357 magnum. An OAL .040" too long can have the bullet sticking out of the cylinder. A primer .040" high is not gonna work in any revolver. A cast lead bullet forced onto a hole .040" smaller than the bullet is gonna be quite an experience if fired over a hefty load of 2400. .040" is significant.

As a machinist, I have made parts with a .+/-. 0005" tolerance. As a mechanic I have thrown away engine parts that were .005" out of tolerance. So again, .040" is huge when yer talking .357" Magnum...

Think about it (and sharpen your sense of humor) before you jump to condemn one for a post that you didn't understand...

Last edited by mikld; February 25, 2015 at 11:49 AM.

Page generated in 0.03741 seconds with 9 queries