View Single Post
Old March 25, 2013, 03:29 PM   #9
Metal god

+1 tahunua001 and it is by no means a knock on you or your ability's deckard.

If your talking about putting down $2500 to $3000 on a first rifle I would suggest maybe slowing down and shooting some other rifles before you jump in head first . You can get a pretty nice set up for 1k no problem . Remington 700 , winchester model 70 and lets not forget about Savage . All the before mentioned are bolt action rifles and that is what I suggest if your really wanting to shoot 1000yds .

There are many factors that come in to play when choosing a rifle . If for hunting , what type ? Will you be caring the rifle all day hiking over all kinds of terrain or just sitting in a blind waiting all day . If you plan to carry the rifle all day you most likely don't want to lug a 15lb rifle around . If your target shoot at long distances 15lbs some might say is a light rifle .

I could go on-n-on about this kind of stuff . If it were me I would not spend that kind of money on my first rifle .

Here is a review I did on my new Savage model 10 FCP-K . this set up (as is)right now cost about $1,300 .
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517846
It is sweet and capible of shooting 1k no problem . I say "It is " cus I'm not yet but hope to soon

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Page generated in 0.02885 seconds with 8 queries